When the time comes for home improvements there are many things to consider from design, colour, and even materials.
Two popular materials on the market are aluminium and timber. Both have pros and cons and it can be quite a daunting task to determine what is the best choice! At Direct Trade Windows we are here to help you make the right choice for your home.
Why choose timber?
Let’s start by taking a look at timber…
When you think of a timber frame the first thing that comes to mind is the natural wood effect that gives a traditional and elegant finish. Timber creates a soft and natural look which may be a good choice if you have a traditional home. Timber windows are also naturally insulating because of tiny air pockets in the structure that act as a barrier to heat and cold. This is great for the majority of homes as it will help to keep those energy bills down.
On the contrary, timber does have its disadvantages. Due to the tiny air pockets there is the risk for the material to shrink and swell due to the absorption of moisture, in turn this can then breed mould therefore timber requires constant maintenance.
In addition timber is also one of the most expensive materials on the market therefore replacing a whole house of windows and doors with timber products could really set you back.
So why not choose a product that will provide just as high quality at a much more affordable rate?
What are the benefits of aluminium?
You may be thinking why you should choose aluminium? Here are just a couple of advantages of aluminium windows and doors that should make it easier when it comes to choosing the right material for you;
- Modern aesthetic– If your wanting to transform your home, then aluminium is becoming a very popular material for those who are wanting to add a luxury feel. Aluminium is slim-line which allows for more room for glass.
- Affordability – A great benefit of aluminium is that it is more affordable than timber while not compromising on quality. At Direct Trade Windows we only offer high-quality products. So you can rest easy knowing that you’re getting nothing but the best.
- Longevity – Unlike timber aluminium is very low maintenance. You don’t need to worry about discolouration or corrosion. This material can withstand changing temperatures and weather conditions without absorbing water. This means a longer life span compared to timber.
- Energy efficient – Aluminium windows actively prevent heat from escaping, minimising heat loss and reducing your home’s carbon footprint. At Direct Trade Windows, all our windows are A-rated for energy efficiency, meaning you’re benefitting from outstanding thermal efficiency.
- Versatility – At Direct Trade Windows we offer a range of aluminium products, colours and designs which gives you total creative freedom with the design of your home. Aluminium frames are also great for larger spaces.
- Corrosion resistant – Aluminium naturally generates a thin protective coating by coming into contact with an oxidising environment. This protective layer prevents the surface of the metal from corrosion. This differs from timber because variables like weather can cause timber to corrode easily.
- Durability – Aluminium is about three times lighter than steel which makes it super lightweight and great for a range of different products.
- Recyclability – Aluminium is 100% recyclable, therefore reducing your carbon footprint.
Here is a quick overview of some of our luxury aluminium products;
- Doors– We offer an extensive range of high-end internal, bi-fold, sliding and designer front aluminium doors which are versatile, long-lasting and secure. Our modern aluminium doors help to create a light and airy space and are durable for as long as 50 years.
- Internal Partitions– Are you wanting to give your home more of an open -plan feel? Then our stylish steel look aluminium internal screens are the answer for you. This lightweight design creates an effortless look that invites natural light into any space.
- Windows– At Direct Trade windows, we offer aluminium bespoke window frames, aluminium vertical sliding sash windows, aluminium casement windows and aluminium tilt & turn windows.
All are practical and effortlessly enhances the look of any property.
All of our products are manufactured with only the highest range of products from Cortizo and Smart Systems. These makes us the ideal suppliers for your next aluminium home project.