Job Title: Architectural Technologist/ CAD Technician.
The role would also suit an Architectural Technologist or CAD Technician, that is keen to learn and is looking for a progressive role within a well-established company.
A great opportunity has arisen for a CAD Technician / Designer to join an industry-leading architectural glazing company, Direct Trade Windows based in Slough. The company have successfully grown in recent years and have many exciting commercial projects lined up for the future. Therefore, we are looking to get a CAD Technician / Designer on board to join our friendly team in Slough.
The most suitable CAD Technician / Designer will have a strong proficiency in AutoCAD and have worked on construction projects previously. It would be highly advantageous if the CAD Technician / Designer has worked on projects that involve windows, doors, or aluminium as well. It is not essential; however, any knowledge etc. would be advantageous.
CAD Technician/Designer Position Requirements
• Produce high-end technical drawings and AutoCAD design proposals
• Strong proficiency in AutoCAD Previous experience Windows.
• Have a good eye for detail and accuracy
• Be able to work diligently on their own and within a well-established design team
• Be able to read and understand Technical drawings confidently
• Answer technical design queries from the client, the company’s sales team & installers.
• Attend internal and external meetings to discuss client requirements
• Previous work experience of using AutoCAD (essential) and REVIT (desirable)
• Knowledge of curtain walling, window, door & Structural Glazing design (desirable)
• Good understanding of building construction, methods & regulations (essential)
• Previous experience working with clients and architects via telephone and email
Job Type: Full-time
• CAD Design: 2 years (Required)
• Education: A-Level or equivalent (Required)
• Technical systems advantageous
• CAD Technician/Designer Position Remuneration Salary £21,000 (Dependant on experience)
• Overtime opportunities
• 28 days holiday